Thursday, March 4, 2010

January 30, 2010, Exodus 25-27, Acts 6

January 30, 2010, Exodus 25-27, Acts 6

S: 25:2 “Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from each man whose heart prompts him to give.”
O: Giving is not an obligation or a tithe rule but rather a heart thing – to be a response to a heart that wants to give – this is how giving works.
A: Giving is from a heart that wants to give so that is what I want.
P: Give me a giving heart Lord.

Acts 6
S: Acts 6:2-5 “So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.” This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Pharmenas and Nicolas……”
O: Someone had to look after the old, the young, the widows, etc. it could not be all praying and preaching for everyone….. or some would be neglected and this would not be right. So some of us – perhaps myself included – must spend most of our time looking after the old, the babies, the young mothers – just as I do and this is right.
A: Keep doing what I am doing and if there is an opportunity to share the gospel – go for it but it may not be the constant task that I am suppose to do.
P: Help me to keep doing exactly those things that you give me to do dear God. It may not look like much to those around me but it is what you want me to do so --- so being a people pleaser is not essential … pleasing you is.

S: Acts 6:15”All those who were sitting in the Snhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.”
O: Stephen was the one chosen to help serve tables and look after widows and yet he is so godly that he is a thorn in the side of the Jews….. they can’t stand him and plot to kill him.
A: It does not matter how small the job…. We can still serve and share Christ no matter our task or position in life.
P: To be a Stephen type person.

No comments:

Post a Comment